At 11:55 Saturday night 4th August, Several Fire Engines and an Ambulance were called to a fire which sent shockwave's through a residential block of flats in Leavesden, Watford.
This Video shows how explosive the fire was.
Neighbors were alerted to the fire by the noise of explosions.
More were evacuated as neighbours shouted for everyone to get out.
Some had been alseep in bed.
The man who lived directly above the fire thought his life was in going to end when two very loud explosions append during his attempt to leave, which he thought might be the gas mains pipes.
Once outside he could see and only watch as the flames reached up and beyond his window which was left melted.
A seven months pregnant mother whose bottom floor flat was flooded in the fire has not been given any alternative accommodation.
The residents above and below have not had any decent support over the weekend.
One man had to sleep in his car as he could not accept a temporary room offered to him by WCHT, as it did not have private wash area and no shower. He was concererned he could not have a cold shower in the current heatwave as advised by the met office.
I was expected to wash my body in a sink in a communal toilet. I felt this was degrading and people have told me this did not meet human rights standards.
On Monday they found another vacant room in a Shelter for over 50's, the bed was so uncomfortable I ended up in pain which lasted all the next day. When I notified the manager they arranged to change the mattress which was better even though it looked like it had come out of a skip and appears to have excrement on it.
I was offered another room in another shelter, without a shower and only a comunal toilet again.
Later when speaking to WCHT on the phone, they said it had a shower (which it did not), later they apologised for calling me a liar.
The man whose flat was burning, told firefighters he had a pet cat that was still inside.
The cat was rescued and we were told a special Breathing mask for pets was used.
We have received a photo from @FireWatford of the cat that was rescued from the flat fire we attended last night. Our new #smokeypaws oxygen therapy equipment put to good use! 🐱🚒 @ReqsFireDog @garstonfire @KL_FireStation @SCWatfordFS pic.twitter.com/bfjwTi1VrT— Herts Fire Control (@HertsFRSControl) August 5, 2018